|Advance Web Scripting|
|Instructor: Lindsay Grace|
Group Project Outline
Assignment (choose only one of the 3 assignments listed below)
1. The Wonder Worlds children’s school teaches gifted toddlers language and math skills. The school gives its students a head start with accelerated programs for exceptionally intelligent children age 4-7. They want to create a web site that informs parents about their school. They require 2 interactive demonstrations of the types of learning activities in which children will be engaged. They would like a website that is serious, but welcoming to parents and children.
2. Wicked Promotions is a nightlife promotion company. They offer promote nightclubs and bars in the Chicago area. Choosing any 10 nightclubs and bars in the Chicago area , your site must:
· Offer the ability for people to register an e-mail address, home address,
phone number and name for direct marketing by Wicked promotions
· Provide a list of nightclubs and bars that Wicked promotes
· Provide an interactive game, activity, or tool that is meant to attract people to the website. This may be any activity that this demographic might use, then pass on to their friends (example: interactive drink mix guide)
3. The WB network is creating a promotional website for one of their top 10
prime time television shows. You must create a demonstration website that promotes
any one these televisions shows. Your goal is to impress the WB executives with
an engaging website so that they hire you to do all of the network’s sites.
The site must have the following:
· The ability for people to register an e-mail address and name (for use on an e-mail list)
· An interactive game that encourages people to watch the television program.
· Accessibility support for the network’s wide audience (color blindness an motor skills issues)
All sites must demonstrate well-constructed HTML.
All sites must have
at least 3 elements of interactivity
Any work that was completed outside of this class cannot be submitted for credit as part of this assignment. Any attempts to do so will result in a failing grade.
1. The assignment must be completed by a group of 3 individuals.
2. A working website with at least 6 pages of content (most will require more)
· All code must be original work and cannot be copied from existing
websites or code banks.
· All code must be commented.
· All code should work for Internet Explorer (6.0+) and FireFox.
Your software will be beta tested by the class one week prior to final grading. This is your opportunity to correct any unforeseen errors or usability issues. Groups that do not take suggestion from testing must articulate why they chose not to in a detailed write up.
Your grade will be based on the following
75 points: Initial beta test
25 points: Final product
Total: 100 points.
The beta test should be fully functional. The websites you present to the class must be showcase quality. At this stage the websites should be easily used without much explanation. An “A” product will be well thought out, original and fully functional. An “A” product may have a few minor spelling errors or usability oversights, but generally indicates a significant amount of planning and development.
The final product will be polished and error free. It should demonstrate an understanding of the concepts discusses in class and in the class textbook. Use of functions, conditional logic, DOM and other key concepts demonstrates and understanding of them. Please use the material covered in class effectively.
This project may be a strong candidate for addition to your final portfolio. Please complete the project with this in mind.
If you would like to do something other than what is described above, please talk to the instructor first.
Provided by Lindsay Grace for students of the Illinois Institute of Art, Chicago. These documents may be used by others when properly credited. Please email lgrace at aii edu for more information.